- Exterior Housing
- 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit
- Condenser Coil Coating
- Quiet and efficient operation
- Advanced electronic control system
- KDT Digital Controller/Thermostat with 50-ft. cable
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors with purchase of exterior housing
- 55ºF temperature differential
Described in the simplest terms, a split system is a cooling unit wherein the evaporator unit and condensing unit have been “split” into two separate units instead of being contained within the same housing. The evaporator unit is located in or near your cellar, and the condensing unit is generally located outside, or in an attic or utility room.
The Platinum Series of split systems allow you to decide where the evaporator unit and the condensing unit will be located. The condensing unit can be located up to 100 ft. away from the evaporator unit. The evaporator unit will be mounted in the cellar or it can also be located nearby with ducting.
If you don’t mind seeing the grille of your cooling unit in your cellar, a wall-mounted split system is what you need. If you prefer your unit to be out of sight, you should get a fully ducted split system. The choice is yours.
A Cold Weather Start Kit comes standard in every split system. Split systems can be installed in a variety of ways, and the condensing unit may be located in a mechanical room, basement, backyard, or even a rooftop. The condensing units which WhisperKOOL units use were designed to operate between temperatures of 20°F and 110°F. However, there are some areas in the country which may drop below 20°F in winter. When outside temperatures drop, the pressure in the system drops as well. This presents a challenge, because our systems operate using a pump down cycle and use a low-pressure switch to turn the compressor on and off. However, when the temperature drops below 20°F, the pressure in the system is too low to start the compressor. The cold weather start kit bypasses the low-pressure switch on startup and uses heaters installed on the receiver to raise the pressure and allow the system to start.
The Cold Weather Start Kit enables WhisperKOOL to operate in environments as cold as -20°F. It is important that the cooling system stays operational during cold weather conditions, as heating the house using the central HVAC system will indirectly increase the temperature of the wine cellar. This kit will ensure that the cooling system will continue to operate efficiently in cold weather environments to maintain an optimal wine storage temperature.
- A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty
- The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell. By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.